[ale] launch programs over ssh into session?

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 22 13:03:09 EST 2004

Comes from being successfully married for a long time, right Geoffrey?  ;-)

Also, I want to add that the commercial unix ssh package has different
command line switches than OpenSSH.  Mixing the clients and servers has
led to strange situations that can really get puzzling to figure out
what is going on.  Safest option is to do a ssh -V to check on what your
working with on the client side.  I've had different versions of each
package work well or not at all together too.  Just a warning since the
commercial version has a much better security history than OpenSSH.
However, since OpenSSH plays well on Linux and the newest commercial SSH
package doesn't seem to at all, I've been trying to figure out just what
works.  I may wind up with strictly OpenSSH on all the machines in the end.
Dow