[ale] iptables question

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Sun Nov 21 17:14:11 EST 2004

First, a description of the problem. I have an old Cyrix 6x86 200 that I am
using for a router. It works just fine for the wired portion of my network. I
decided to add wirless to my network though so I ordered an SMC2802W PCI card. I
got the card Saturday and proceeded to add it to my router. Problem -- the
machine won't post with the wirless card in it. Doh!

So, until I can get another machine (P1 or P2 preferrably) I have put the
wireless card in my personal machine since I never turn it off any way. This is
where my iptables question comes in. What rules would be most effective for
fowarding packets to and from the wireless card to the wired card in my machine
that is connected to the wired network that is managed by the router?

Please don't suggest that I buy a Linksys or Netgear wireless router. I can't
stand them. They are too limited in functionality.

--
James Sumners
http://ug.dyndns.org/~jsumners/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59