[ale] Linux for "normal" people?

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Fri Nov 19 17:10:40 EST 2004

Well, the specific reason for recommending that particular card and chipset
was that it's supported by almost every distro without having to buy a
driver, mess with a driver, or do anything else for that matter except
install Linux.

Yes, you can get almost any card to work, but having had the experience of
spending three days and hours of screwing around getting a D-Link card to
work, versus buying a couple cards for 20-30 bucks that worked by plugging
them in, I'll take that one any day :)

As for purchasing one in a local store, there I cannot help because I'm
located several states away.
-Jay