[ale] Linux for "normal" people?

Holmquist, Thomas W. HolmquistTW at cadet.com
Fri Nov 19 16:37:59 EST 2004

Actually, it doesn't matter... Netgear, Linksys, D-Link, etc.
What you have to look for is if the card is based on a Prism chipset.
Prism chipsets and a handful of  a few other chipsets are all that Linux currently supports.
Although I haven't been keeping up with wireless support on Linux, I think pretty much any card will work now (some require drivers that cost $$$ though)