[ale] Help with install Suse 9.2

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Fri Nov 19 09:24:57 EST 2004

wrnash at wrnash.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I?ve have using Mandrake for some time now and I like Mandrake but I
> wanted to try something different so I downloaded Suse 9.2.  I?ve have a
> problem now with my modem.  I have a conexant hsf 56k hsfi modem.  I can
> get this modem to work with Redhat and Mandrake with the 2.4 kernel.
> Can someone help me install this modem thanks.

Hi Bill,

   The first thing you have to learn about SuSE is YaST.

   Log in under X-windows, and then click on System / Yast.

   Once Yast opens up (it may take a min or so), go to the Network Devices section.  Click on Modem there.  Is your modem autodetected?  If not, can you add it manually?

--
Found downunder,
   Keith