[ale] Common open source Java desktop apps

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Nov 16 16:14:53 EST 2004

James Sumners said:
> When I am really working with MySQL I use Squirrel-SQL heavily --
> http://squirrel-sql.sf.net/

If you like Squirrel-Sql, you'd probably enjoy using the SQLExplorer
plugin for Eclipse: https://sqlexplorer.dev.java.net/

It's a nice SWT interface that uses Squirrel-Sql at its core.  So the
feature set will be familiar (as well as alias and driver setup, etc), but
the interface is much improved, IMO.  Squirrel-Sql's use of the
JDesktopPane to provide a desktop-like feel has always been a big drawback
in terms of screen real estate.

You can see a screenshot of it running on my machine and accessing a
postgresql database here: http://www.sourceillustrated.com/sqlexplorer.jpg

John