[ale] Linux for "normal" people?

Scott Warfield magius at wittsend.com
Tue Nov 16 14:42:43 EST 2004

Most of my testing and evaluation of these features was done on Fedora Core
1.  Even though they technically work, it is my opinion that they are buggy
at best.  Sticky keys did not apply to the login manager and therefore
procluded me from logging in with mixed passwords of metacharacters.
Perhaps FC3 will show some improvement with the new KDE.

Within the next few days I will be upgrading my primary Linux system to FC3.
I'll look at them again and see if it changes my opinion.

Scott Warfield
Internet Security Systems
X-Force Developer

swarfield at iss.net