[ale] ALE booth at LISA

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Nov 14 07:57:35 EST 2004

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 00:39 -0500, Mike Murphy wrote:
>
>>there would be little to stop GWCC from employing a bunch of dudes,
>>with greencards or US citizenship, of course (wink-nod), willing to
>>do it for minimum wage.
>

> or even less, knowing that if they are not legal citizens they probably
> won't have any recourse.  I by no means am a friend of unions, but I do
> understand the dynamics.  $30 here and there, plus booth rental, is not
> much to pay in the grand scheme of things.  We are getting heating
> and/or air-conditioning, lighting, 24 hour security, and convenience
> plus a venue with an interested audience, not to mention plenty of stuff
> thats interesting to us.

You get all that for the price of the booth.  We just so happen to be
getting the booth for free.  My gripe is that I'm expected to pay
someone for something I'm perfectly capable of doing myself.  I was
perfectly willing to pay $80 for a 4 outlet 20 amp circuit to the booth.

--
Until later, Geoffrey