[ale] ALE booth at LISA

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Nov 12 20:39:54 EST 2004

Updated list of volunteers for ALE at LISA:

Jerald Sheets: both days all day
Grant Robertson: Thursday all day
John Trostel: 2-5 on Wednesday (tentative)
Geof Myers: wednesday 11-4, thursday all day
Trey Sizemore: all day Wednesday.
Sean Kilpatrick: 12-5 Wednesday
Michael Still: Thursday all day
Harold Bieber: When he can make it. :)

Guys, please give me any changes to the above schedule?

Harold, did you register on the site as a booth participant?

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche is putting together a poster to display various
folks in and around ALE.  Thanks Bjorn.  Bjorn, do you plan to stick
around to man the booth?  We've got plenty of folks, so you can be
choosey about your time if you decide to.

I'm working with Greg Hankins to get my hands on an ALE banner he's had
since ALS.

I plan to bring my laptop and very likely a 20" viewsonic monitor with a
Duron box that has about 6 distros installed on it.

Anyone else planning to bring any hardware?  I've been told that there
will be a guard at night, but it would not be wise to leave portable
items such as a laptop unattended.  I figure it's unlikely anyone is
going to walk off with my 80lb monitor, so I'll leave it from wed-thurs.

I'd like to have a couple of boxes going, whether they are laptops or
full boxes.  Thing is, you can't wheel anything in, otherwise the union
folks will nail us.  I plan to carry my laptop, duron box and monitor
in.  The fee is $30 per box.  I didn't even inquire as to things like
computer monitors and such.

I'll also have some business cards printed up with the ale logo and url
for the taking.  I've got some give aways as well.

I'd like to be able to collect folks email addresses, primarily local
folks who might be interested in participating in ALE.

Thoughts?

--
Until later, Geoffrey