[ale] Gentoo Linux

Allan Neal allanneal at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 12 11:39:26 EST 2004

I might be able to help some.  My schedule is really bad though.  I live in
Dallas and work in Alpharetta.

First place to go is http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/index.xml

Look at the manual for your architecture.  The manual is very descriptive
giving even the recommended commands you should use.

If you are installing Gentoo, I assume you already have some Linux experience.
I personally went to Gentoo after 5 years of Debian.  I just wanted something
a little more up to date.

let me know if you have any questions after looking over that manual.  I was
able to install from the manual with only questions like:  "What do you
recommend here...?"  etc...  No technical questions as they where all answered
in the manual.

Allan