[ale] Distro question...

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 11 22:33:58 EST 2004

I just got done messing with it, and I was not too impressed.  I did
a stage one, compile it yourself install, but the time was not what
bothered me, as it was a spare computer and I could just leave it
be and come back to it whenever.  What I disliked was having to
configure everything by hand.  I already know how to do this, I
learnbed it along time ago in my slackware days, I do not care
to do it anymore unless its absolutly necessary.   I have done it
plenty of times as an admin, I would love to get away from such
mundane things on a PC that I am using for enjoyment, not
to configure.  Maybe I missed something, maybe I did not read
enough of the FAQ, but it seems that the only option with gentoo is
to configure it by hand.  Please tell me if Iam wrong...  I may try it again.

Mike