[ale] Grub and Ghost

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Thu Nov 11 12:51:12 EST 2004

Greg, you might want to make sure you dd your Master Boot Record (dd
if=/dev/hdx of=master_boot_record.img bs=512 count=1) and you might want
to store the output from fdisk -l in case you need to re-create the
partitions manually.

I usually create the partitions (based on fdisk -l output of the other
drive), then use dd to copy the drive and the MBR.

Just my .02 cents...

Best regards,
CB