[ale] Grub and Ghost

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 11:55:46 EST 2004

All,

I have a dual boot computer that I decided to duplicate.  (Win 2K Pro
/ SUSE 9.2)

I booted a dos floppy and ran Ghost to copy the main drive to a second
I installed in the machine .  It claimed to complete succesfully and I
can mount both the copied NTFS and EXT3 partitions from Linux.

When I put this machine in another computer and try to boot it, I just
get the word "grub" and a blank screen.

I have checked /boot/grub/menu.lst and the boot message, and
everything else, is referencing (hd0,2), which was correct for the
original machine, and is also correct for the new machine.

On the new machine, I can boot the SUSE 9.2 Live CD and mount the
partitions, I just can't boot via grub.

Any suggestions on what I need to do?

Thanks
Greg