[ale] Re:

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Wed Nov 10 17:42:35 EST 2004

 wrote:
> The user then has the option of using a webmail client if they can't
> download / install third party software.

webmail only works _if_ the user has access to the internet.

this place (and several others that I know) doesn't offer it for anyone but the management (and then it's a filtered service).

I'm not management, so I have to use email for my list reading.  I've also been asked to "watch how much email you get" as some people apparently can't grasp that I don't read all the email I receive from lists, only the subjects that interest me (sorry, different rant).

If people don't want receive email from MS clients or Outlook users then they need to set _their_ server(s) to filter them out.  People shouldn't impose rules on others because they're too lazy to manage their own system.  If people would make effective use of their filters they wouldn't have as much trouble.

Personally, I prefer to control how and what I receive rather than use something that someone "smarter than me" believes to be the best.  Too many times have I argued with folks that block Linux sites from being accessed because of it having "hacker material".

--
Preston

(I'm not trying to be difficult Nathan, so please don't take this as being personally directed at you)