[ale] Way OT: X-ray glasses=>Flu shots

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Nov 10 16:12:18 EST 2004

Bob Toxen said:
> A flu shot is $30.  Get one!  Tell 'em you get it bad or get it very
> easily.  Don't allow THEIR incompetence to deprive you of the medical
> care  you need.  They always can grow more or import it from Canada.
> In Washington State a company is running "Flu shot charter flights"
> to Canada.

Umm...not to jump in mid-thread here, but by just getting one, you're
potentially depriving the very young and very old folks who *really* need
a shot from getting it.  I certainly wouldn't recommend blindly seeking a
shot during a shortage.  The average healthly person should NOT get one,
IMHO.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/0405vaccination.htm