[ale] Unresponsive orphaned processes (PPID of 1)

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 09:50:34 EST 2004

You may also want to look into ipcs/ipcrm.

ipcs -p can print PID numbers, ad you can ipcrm the IPC channel.
Sometimes this will release the lock on I/O or te MSG queue, and allow
you to kill the process.  Heck, sometimes it kills it for you.

Try that on a dev/test box, and see if it does what you want.

--Jerald