[ale] Its over. Maybe

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Thu Nov 4 18:01:03 EST 2004

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 05:43:50PM -0500, Mike Millson wrote:
> > Voter verifiable paper trail is the ONLY way to ensure an honest election
> > and is very cheap to implement.  Had we had honest gov't it would have
> > been done in Georgia.  I think that it was done in some other states.

> Apparently in Oregon they allow everyone to vote by mail. Seems like a
> better, more practical solution than electronic voting machines. No
> wasting gas and time to go to a polling place and wait in line. Ballots
> can be tabulated electronically be a machine.
My understanding (though I'm not sure) is that in Georgia, a worker
takes your absentee ballot and -- guess what -- keys it into a
Diebold machine.  So much for my getting my vote counted.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]

"Microsoft: Unsafe at any clock speed!"