[ale] Its over. Maybe

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Wed Nov 3 20:49:38 EST 2004

Geoffrey -

Even that level of oversight is futile, as you'd have no assurance
whatsoever that the code that was reviewed was actually running on the
machines during an election.  There's so much opportunity for that and
other sleight of hand.  You'd have to have such a system of forensics
and field checks built up around the machines to establish confidence in
the process that I just don't see the point of the machines.  Except
possibly, of course, to make our elections a sham.