[ale] Its over. Maybe

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 19:49:14 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 19:30 -0500, Mike Panetta wrote:
> It does not have to be...

That's a common OSS "argument"... the perception is that there is an OSS
replacement for everything, but that isn't always realistic.

In my case, there is no way to rip the computer out of my car, replace
the firmware, re-insert it into my car, and have it work as reliably as
it does now.  Not to mention having it supported by every place that I
may need to get my car serviced over the next several years.

I know that you meant your comment in jest.  I hope you don't take my
comments above as critical of yours.

-Jim P.