[ale] Sharp Zaurus hardware compatibility

Frank Glass glass+keyword+ale.5fd0ec at holos.com
Wed Nov 3 12:46:36 EST 2004

We have a couple of Zaurus 5500's and are looking at a project with the newer
models.  Since I last looked (more than a year ago) the zaurus information
seems to be scattered.

Is thare a definitive site showing hardware and software compatibility?
In particular, we are going to need gprs, bluetooth and dial-up devices.
Other types of cellular data (whatever Sprint and Verizon call their service)
may also be required.  I would probably prefer OZ to the Sharp ROM if
only because there seems to be better ability to control what's on the device.

Anyone have any feel for the hardware reliability?

Frank
--

Frank Glass
Holos Software, Inc.