[ale] ALE Central: URLs

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche bjorn at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri May 14 10:55:56 EDT 2004

Here are some URL's for those interested in learning more about the topics
I brought up at the meeting last night. I'll put these on the twiki, too.

* To learn more aboout MIDI, the musical instrument digital interface,
www.midi.org seems to have more info than it used to and is a good place
to start. Google is your next best friend.

* An alpha version of my software (XO Wave) can be found at:
www.xowave.com. I hope to have a new version up by monday, but definatly
sometime next week. My buisness site is www.xoaudio.com.

* PortAudio, the unbelievably easy to use portable audio i/o library can
be found at www.portaudio.com. Even if you don't care about portability
this library is WAY easier than any of the other APIs and offers most of
the functionality. It's currently at Version 18, and Version 19 is coming
out at different rates for different platforms, but WMME, Direct Sound,
ASIO, ALSA, JACK, OSS, Mac Classic, Mac Core Audio, and SGI are planned.

* I have some more nice links at www.xoaudio.com/links.html and there are
some great links at http://www.rane.com/hotlinks.html

* I couldn't find any good sites on "complex vector rotation" but here
is some info:

http://techweb.rfa.org/pipermail/portaudio/2004-May/003545.html
http://www.tnt.uni-hannover.de/js/project/coding/audio/asac/dafx_2002.html

Here are some other "how to compute this stuff fast" tricks:

http://www.audiomulch.com/~rossb/code/sinusoids/
http://www.dspguru.com/comp.dsp/tricks/alg/sincos.htm

Enjoy!

	bjorn