[ale] Re: Ale Digest, Vol 9, Issue 57

Van Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Thu May 13 14:20:12 EDT 2004

After I bragged on it about the mozilla problem resolving itself, it
started doing it again this morning.

I got so annoyed with all of the problems it kept having
that I reformatted the system and I installed something
else. besides the problems I had with Mozilla,thunderbird,
and firebird I also had a problem with Yast2 not completing
when it was running the Suseconfig stuff (kept hanging at
96% done on Suseconfig.tetex and wouldn't recover from it,
had to run xkill and close it that way). I'm waiting to
download Fedora Core 2 as the last version we tried (Test 3)
looks very promising. For right now I have Cobind Desktop
0.1 installed, the XFCE desktop it has as the default is
very interesting, and runs quite fast.

I sincerely hope all the problems I had with SuSE 9.1 were
because of an unusual machine configuration, the stuff that
worked ok was great on it, but the problems were enough to
drive me nuts.

I hope everyone else has positive results with SuSE 9.1, and
that I'm the exception in this case.

Thanks for the input :)

Van

Van Loggins        vloggins at turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator - ESC Dept
      _
     -o)
     /\\
    _\_v