[ale] Downloading multiple files at once

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon May 10 20:57:24 EDT 2004

Trey Sizemore wrote:
> When I use gFTP or other such programs, I notice that if I select
> several files to transfer/download, it downloads one, finishes, then
> starts the next.  Is there a way to download several at once, or is this
> a limit of the FTP site (allowing simultaneous connections)?

I do this all the time, by way of Mozilla.  Did it twice today,
downloading a total of 8 iso images, 4 at a time.

You should be able to do the same with most any graphical browser. I
assume gftp is graphical, but have no experience with it.  I've also
downloaded multiple files at the same time via separate term windows,
multiple incidents of ncftp.