[ale] Do I need a patch cable?

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 30 19:17:45 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 19:11, Brian Chase wrote:
> sell the Netgear on Ebay or give it to a friend.
>
> Smoothwall takes it's place entirely, then all you need is patch the
> green interface to 10/100 switch and fan out to your clients and/or
> Wireless Access Points.
>
> Red interface goes straight to your cable/dsl modem

So, I do need a switch?  Or with just another desktop machine, can I
just use the cable that's currently going from the desktop to the router
to now go to the Smoothwall box instead?

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

"This wasn't just plain terrible, this was fancy terrible.
This was terrible with raisins in it."
-- Dorothy Parker

19:14:09 up 2 days, 1:30, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.08, 0.09
Linux salamander 2.6.4 #1 SMP Wed Mar 10 23:59:57 PST 2004 i686 unknown
unknown GNU/Linux