[ale] SuSE 8.2 loaded -- what about updates?

runman at speedfactory.net runman at speedfactory.net
Mon Mar 29 11:34:36 EST 2004

I would suggest going to non-commercial distros.  All commercial distros
will only do 2-3 versions at the most, otherwise they will lose money.
I have chosen OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and Debian for my server needs and Suse
for desktop (I need the multimedia programs).  Eventually I probably
will go to Libranet/Debian for desktop.  After the migration of my home
multi-server/everything box from RH 7.3 to Libranet, I don't intend on
spending massive amounts of my time upgrading anymore.  Also, on Debian
(and slackware as well as the bsd's) you don't have to worry about
what the company wants your config to be and having to install a lot of
crap or do a minimal install and add lots of what you should have in the
first place.

Greg