[ale] autofs fall back?

Chris Coleman ChrisColeman at mail.clayton.edu
Sat Mar 27 09:58:29 EST 2004

Robert,

We used this feature with the autofs under Solaris. Under Solaris you use the map files (auto_home, auto_master, etc.) to map a single path to multiple servers. For example:

auto_direct:
/usr/man   -ro   apollo:/usr/man zeus:/usr/man neptune:/usr/man

This first attempts to mount the man page directory from the server apollo. If it does not work, then try zeus, and lastly neptune.

Chris