[ale] KVM switches

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Fri Mar 26 11:44:08 EST 2004

I am willing to sell a Belkin OmniView E Series 4-Port PS2 KVM (F1DB104P) with
two sets of cables for $65.00. Here is some information about it as I posted on
my forum (no one there evidently wants to buy it):

"I want to get a simple two port KVM switch because I am not using two of the
ports on this one and don't expect I ever will. Another reason that I want to
get a new switch is because the switch has a known problem switching to *nix
boxes running X and using a wheel mouse. I currently have two mice, one
keyboard, and one monitor as a result of this bug. If you do not use a wheel
mouse or are only using machines running Windows then the device works just
fine.

As I said, I am currently using it so you can be assured that it works. The
device does not require any power cords as it gets power through the keyboard
and mouse ports. There is a button on the device that will cycle through the
ports or you can double tap Scroll Lock then press either the up or down keys or
1 - 4 on the numeric row to select a port.

I am including two mouse cables, two keyboard cables, and two video cables (a
$30 - $40 value alone : I can not remember if they are 6' or 10' off the top of
my head) with this deal. The switch itself retails for $100; I am asking $65.00
for the whole package."