[ale] OT: used dsl modems / speakeasy customers in Tucker?

Robert Story rstory-l at revelstone.com
Tue Mar 23 18:27:02 EST 2004

My speakeasy DSL has been down for 6 days now, and the finger-pointing game
continues. So I have a few questions:

1) I know at some point they are probably going
to say'it must be the modem', so I'm looking for a speakeasy customer in Tucker
that wouldn't mind me stopping by for 5 minutes to see if my modem can sync at
their house.

2) And in the event that it does turn out to be the modem, anyone know of a
source for used modems?  Are they all interchangeable? I doubt they are, so
does anyone know what kind speakeasy uses?

3) Speakeasy says I can't cancel my contract without penalty until I've been
down 60 days, which seems ludicrous.  Anyone know of a way I might be able to
get out earlier?

I never thought I'd miss my Comcast cable modem, but at least there wasn't any
of this finger pointing BS, and I was never down for more than a day..