[ale] Mutt / IMAP question

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche bjorn at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Mar 22 20:04:00 EST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Trey Sizemore wrote:

> I've got a question...is it possible to retrieve mail from an IMAP
> server (fetchmail or like) pass to procmail for filtering, then to mutt
> (leaving messages on the server)?  The trick here being if I delete in
> mutt I want to be able to have it deleted off the server.  I like what
> procmail can do, but it seems that I have to use POP3 (and thus download
> my messages locally off the server) instead of IMAP (where I can
> retreive from anywhere) to do this.
>
> Am I wishfully thinking here?

It sounds like what you want is more complex than my suggestoins, but here
goes anyway......

If you are just doing spam filtering and simple deleting, you can use IMAP
Spam Be Gone, which is a python script available here:

http://www.rogerbinns.com/isbg/

I made some simple modifications to it and put that here:

http://www.xoaudio.com/bjorn/isbg.html

I think I may have a newer version of my mods so I'll update that now....

If what you want is only a little more complex, I'd be interested in
working on ISBG with you to make it do what you want.

	bjorn