[ale] OT: tech support hell at Mindspring--followup

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Mar 22 09:13:02 EST 2004

Our solution was to keep the minimum account on Earthstink to keep the
same email addresses active for the next year. All of the account email
is getting forwarded to the new addresses and all outgoing email has the
new domain (a separate issue). As the principle in the office actually
uses AOL for their primary email account, it is no problem. The others
are using the new address effective immediately with intentions of
pulling the plug on the mindspring.com addresses in a year.

It's the standard crap of a business moving to a new address and having
to notify old customers and get new stationary. It's not something to be
done lightly.

I figure after a year, the old contact info can die out.