[ale] Hardware problems continue on new system

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sat Mar 20 22:22:41 EST 2004

Hi All,

	The hardware problems continue on the new system. I am at the
point of taking the parts out to put my old system back together. As was
suggested before I removed my scsi card to run memtest86. The results
were the same - huge amounts of errors at the end of test #5 and beginning
of #6. At one time it was showing 70,000+ errors after going
through test #6. I am using 2 512mb sticks and have tried them alone
with the same results. The memory has been checked by me and another
member as being supported on this mb. So at this point I would like some
advice on what to fork out the $$ to replace. This is a system I use
daily and cannot have down for a long time. The motherboard reports the
memory frequency as 200MHz? Dmesg returns 333MHz as the host bus speed?
To me the problem centers around this discrepancy. The bios setup
indicates that all is set up correctly for the cpu and memory. All of
these parts are new. My thoughts are a botched mb. I need input from
those of you more experienced in this area.

Asus A7N8X-X mb
AMD XP2600 (barton)
Kingston KVR400X64C25/512 PC3200 DDR
Sapphire Radeon 9200 agp 256mb