[ale] Adaptec 2940UW bios updates

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sat Mar 20 14:07:46 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 02:49:38PM -0500, Dow Hurst wrote:
> I checked and you must use the N-Force drivers of some vintage.  Plus, the
> memory checks out as rated for your system.  Have you just tried booting
> without the SCSI card in the machine?
> Dow

Thanks Dow,
	I downloaded the N-Force drivers and they seem to cover the same
2 items I have drivers for now (sound and ethernet). I did get to take
the scsi card out last night. Ran the memtest86 boot disk and had the
system lockup at the end of test #5 (98% complete). Asus support tried
to call me back this week however anonymous call rejection blocked his
call. Have not had any response back after I e-mailed them that the
block was off. The bios is still reporting the memory frequency at
200MHz although Linux reports it as 332.7438 MHz. I'm assuming that
memory frequency and host bus clock speed refer to the same thing?

Jim