[ale] Adaptec 2940UW bios updates

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Tue Mar 16 15:04:05 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 02:49:38PM -0500, Dow Hurst wrote:
> I checked and you must use the N-Force drivers of some vintage.  Plus, the
> memory checks out as rated for your system.  Have you just tried booting
> without the SCSI card in the machine?
> Dow

Haven't tried booting without the scsi system. I try tonight. I assume
it is loading the N-Force drivers you are talking about. From dmesg:

agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 941M
agpgart: Detected NVIDIA nForce2 chipset
agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xe0000000

snip

forcedeth.c: Reverse Engineered nForce ethernet driver. Version 0.22.

That is the only drivers I notice loading.

Thanks,

Jim