[ale] sendmail setup help

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Mar 18 16:16:30 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 11:18, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> I have a system that uses sendmail.  I'm trying to do 2 things:
>
> 1. local users (e.g. usera) are delivered to our mail server with
> @nubridges.com apended (e.g. usera at nubridges.com).

The following line need to be edited in sendmail.mc. All users on LAN
must use the single sendmail machine as their "SmartHost". So all LAN
addresses must be in the access file to allow relaying. Now all email
from Fred at localhost on the LAN will be written as Fred at nubridges.com and
delivered to the LAN user Sally.

dnl # The following example makes mail from this host and any additional
dnl # specified domains appear to be sent from mydomain.com
dnl #
dnl MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just the headers, but the envelope as well
dnl #
dnl FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just @mydomainalias.com, but @*.mydomainalias.com
as well
dnl #
dnl FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl