[ale] slow memory test on boot

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Mar 18 12:47:24 EST 2004

Recall a while back I posted that I had this wierd problem on this one
box where, on boot as it's cycling through the memory, it would pause
every so often.  There also was a delay in keyboard response when in the
bios.  I figured out what was causing it, but don't know why.  I was
using an usb mouse.  When I removed the mouse it stopped doing it.

Question is why?  Anyone seen this behavior before?

Same box, I installed Xandros on, when it attempted to reboot, I see:

LIL

I powered it down, unplug the usb mouse and it boots flawlessly...