[ale] 1and1 Was:Webhosting + domainname

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Mon Mar 15 13:10:15 EST 2004

This is interesting, I was looking at dedicated serves last night and found
1and1..  their prices are incredible (49$/mo for an RH9 server that's all
yours) but, all the sites I looked at that they host looked a bit slow.
Further investigation showed that their datacenter is in Amsterdam..

Is anyone else using them?  They are a full 30$ cheaper than anyone I can
find, so I hate to just dismiss them altogether.. I'd love to hear some good
solid feedback on what it's like to be a 1and1 customer.

-Grant