[ale] "What's So Bad About Microsoft?"

Steve Nicholas syssfn at circe.gsu.edu
Sun Mar 14 23:43:26 EST 2004

I have not had a problem with MS on my wife's PC.  I keep it patched, a
she's smart about attachments.  Win 2K.  That being said....

What is the problem with MS ?

In my case, both Linux and MS require constant patching.  OK, that's a
given.  Linux has virtual desktops.  I have to do upgrades on up to 20
libraries. Each library requires at least two windows.....
one for the upgrade and another to tail the results.  No, I don't do all
at the same time, but I've done 4 at a time.  Do the math.  Not a problem
on my home pc. Plus, The memory management is a lot better.

Try running THAT many windows under MS.  Works for me under Linux. It can
take up to 16 windows on 4 virtual desktops to do this.  I've done this on
a P233 w/64MB without a problem.  Does not work under MS.

Steve

| Steve Nicholas             |                        |
| Software Systems Engineer  |  A risk is not a risk  |
| Georgia State University   |  until it is taken.    |
| snicholas at gsu.edu          |                        |
| 404-651-1062               |  BBROYGBVGW            |