[ale] Dualing wireless APs

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 21:33:13 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 21:11, Keith Hopkins wrote:

> I'm still a beginner in the wireless world myself, but I believe if
> you set the ESSID on your client to match that of your AP, it will
> only connect to that AP.  You should always change an AP's ESSID to
>  something other than the default.

Well, that works at home... what do I do at the next network. ;)

The underlying issue is that Linux wireless networking isn't too
friendly to roaming users who access multiple networks unless those
networks are completely isolated and either all running the same
encryption (which is weak anyways) or not running any encryption at all.

-Jim P.