[ale] OT: Laptops.

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Sun Mar 14 20:57:36 EST 2004

I'm looking to buy a new toy.  I owned 3 Dell laptops (various ages), and I've
been happy enough with them.  However, I'm irritated with their policy of
making me pay for Windows and other crap-software.  So, I'm willing to look
at other vendors, and I have been.

However, I have a *firm* requirement that the display by > 15", "wide screen",
and *at least* WSXGA+ (1680x1050), though WUXGA (1920x1200) is what I really
want.  The problem I have is that I can't find anyone other than Dell that
offers such display hardware (with the possible exception of Apple).
Anybody got any pointers for me?

Thanks
--
David Corbin <dcorbin at machturtle.com>