[ale] KMail was dragging response times

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Mar 12 16:55:32 EST 2004

On Thursday 11 March 2004 09:15 pm, William Bagwell wrote:
> On Thursday 11 March 2004 12:11 pm, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> > Kmail is nice. Version 3.2 is even nicer. Threading really works,
> > messages can have more than one mark. I'm so happy.
>
> What has improved with threading?  My only threading complaint is with the
> AOLers on other lists. If Kmail can now compensate for missing reference
> headers, I would be more than happy.  Fainting whilst ecstaticly turning
> cartwheels, might describe my reaction:-)

Suppose you have a thread of non-consecutive messages, and you thread and sort
by date.  With the previous version, the thread is sorted to the date of the
first message.  Delete the first message, the second message will be
displayed, and you resort the thread to the date of the second message.  It
got very confusing.  Now you stay where you are in the sorted list after
deleting.

It can also thread by subject name, which I think will make you happy.  More
than happy, I think.

> The multiple marks will be nice. Is there any way to sort based on them?

I haven't seen one.  File a bug report.  :-)

Michael