[ale] OT: WYSIWYG HTML editor

Josh Freeman josh at catea.org
Fri Mar 12 15:30:21 EST 2004

As much as I would like to use Dreameaver or another WYSIWYG editor, I
do all my coding in Emacs  or VI (How's that for a political answer?).
Everything I have to do needs to be fully accessible and fully valid
HTML, and you aren't going to get that in a graphical editor, and if you
can, it will take you longer than doing it by hand.

Josh

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 15:23, James Sumners wrote:
> Nvu (http://www.nvu.com/) at least generates valid HTML. I have yet to see
> another WYSIWYG editor that does (well, I suppose I would have to use them
> first). I tried it out the other day to see if it would work for a friend who
> was bitching about FrontPage. From what I saw it is done pretty well. I even
> pointed it towards my personal page, which is XHTML 1.0 Strict without a table
> in sight, and it displayed everything correctly.
>
> On 12 Mar 2004 15:10:47 -0500
> Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone used this:
> >
> > http://www.thekompany.com/products/quanta/
> >
> > I'm looking for a good full-featured product that can help me design
> > professional web pages *fast*.  I do not care for an OSS app that maybe
> > half done.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris

Josh Freeman
Technical Manager
Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access