[ale] J2EE vs PHP

J.M. Taylor jtaylor at onlinea.com
Thu Mar 11 11:13:50 EST 2004

I'll second George -- go with what you know.  If you will have to maintain
/ update / change it, use what you're more comfortable with.  If you try
to do a large project in a language you're not comfortable with, you'll
wind up with a mess you hate to touch.  If you're not comfortable with
either but are OO oriented, go with Java because you'll find it familiar
and have less questions to answer to gear up.  If you're a perl hacker
from way back, you're going to feel a lot more comfortable in PHP.

Good luck
jenn