[ale] SCO to sue Al Gore

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue Mar 9 09:30:12 EST 2004

http://www.sllug.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=66

SCO to sue Al Gore
 by: bryan_w_taylor
 Long-Term Sentiment: Strong Sell 06/18/03 02:41 pm
 Msg: 15699 of 15841

 In a dramatic move, SCO today filed suit against Al Gore alleging
 misappropriations of trade secrets and unfair competition for inventing
the  Internet. SCO Executive Chris Sontag was quoted as saying "This
internet  thing is a Unix derivitive and our contracts from AT&T
clearly give us all  IP rights to Unix dervitives. What Al Gore did is
to transfer our rights to  the world. Our lawsuit is aimed at
preserving our intellectual property  rights."

 When asked if he was on crack, Sontag replied, "No, I'm on SCO, but
crack is  clearly a derivitive of Unix and we intend to sue the
Columbian cocaine  cartel next.".