[ale] SuSE 9.0 curiosity

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Mar 9 09:24:54 EST 2004

I've done a number of SuSE 9.0 installs, but had a different experience
yesterday and don't know why.  It was at the point in the install where
it identifies the hardware and then permits you to set it up.  What it
did this time was for each device it encountered it would pop up a
separate window asking me if I wanted to configure it. (network, dsl,
printer).  I've never seen that before, but like it.  So I'm wondering
if anyone else has seen the same.  My previous experiences have been
that Yast would simply list all the devices and I would pick them to
configure them.