[ale] xvncviewer and ctrl-alt-del?

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Mon Mar 8 17:10:50 EST 2004

SHIFT Ctrl+LeftAlt+Delete works too.

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org]On Behalf Of Joe
Story
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 8:09 AM
To: Adrin Story; Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: RE: [ale] xvncviewer and ctrl-alt-del?

Linux, as far as I know, knows the difference between the different ctrl
alt and del keys. Windows does not.  Therefore when I need to send
ctrl+alt+del to a windows box using vncviewer I press the
RightCtrl+RightAlt+Delete keys and the windows box will unlock without
my linux box rebooting.

Mileage may vary if your box listens to all ctrl/alt keys for the reboot
signal.  Mine(Slackware9.1) will only reboot with the
LeftCtrl+LeftAlt+Delete.

This is the method that I remember reading from the VNC documentation
pages some time ago.

Joe-