[ale] Linux Home Stereo MP3 Player

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Mon Mar 8 08:37:14 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 01:54:49PM -0500, John Marasco wrote:
> I've been storing my MP3's on my Linux "server".  I would like to buy a
> device that would allow me to play the MP3's on my home stereo.  My
> Linux computer is connected to a WAP in addition there is a 100 MB
> Ethernet line to the stereo (so I can do this wired at 100MB/s or
> wirelessly 802.11b).  I know there are devices by several companies to
> play MP3s stored on a Windows PC through home stereos but does anyone
> have experience using one of these device to play MP3's stored on a
> Linux PC?

http://www.slimdevices.com

It has a killer display, digital outputs, wired and wireless
conenctivity, and best of all the server software is pure perl and is
completely open sourced.   I have their original model hanging off of
one of my Linux servers with some 450 gigs of MP3s.  It rocks.  :)

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy        				 ICQ: 1318344
pizza at f*cktheusers.org				 JID: pitha at myjabber.net