[ale] Hardware probs(was Need Help w/Debian Sarge...)

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sat Mar 6 16:24:51 EST 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 02:52:10PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> Jim Seymour wrote:
> >Asus A7N8X-X (bios is most recent)
> >Retail boxed Athalon 2600XP (BIOS says it's a 2300)
> >2 sticks Kingston DDR3200 512m Valueram
>
> That would be 400 ram, I believe the 2600xp uses pc2700 (333).  Is your
> board running the ram at 400 or 333?  Also, the 2600xp is a 2300 mhz
> chip I believe.

The BIOS reports the memory at 200mhz single channel.  Upon booting the
kernel reports it at close to 400mhz. I could not locate a resource before
ordering the parts that indicated I couldn't use pc3200 with that
processor. So at this point I am totally not sure of if it is okay or
not. James Kinney mentioned a memory tester that worked from a boot
disk. I have installed all the memory testers from Debian. None of them
seem to offer a boot disk. James if you read this where might I find
that animal?

Many Thanks Folks,
Jim Seymour