[ale] bittorrent

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Mar 6 07:49:54 EST 2004

I'm trying to figure out the gain of using bittorrent.  I guess it's
simply the reduction of the load on mirrors and servers.  I started a
bittorrent to get Mandrake 10 yesterday.  Now it's 3 cds so I know it's
going to take a while, but right now I'm getting 11 KiB/s and have
downloaded 399 M.  That's barely 1/2 of one of the cds.  ETA is 44 hours.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to get the goods via ftp.