[ale] Procmailrc question

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 28 13:20:05 EDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 09:27:14AM -0400, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I need to add a rule to procmail rc that will place everything
> not to cfowler, linux, or ebay @linuxiceberg.com to the bit bucket.  I'm
> the catch all for my domain and I'm getting a ton of spam.

I think adding these two rules will work (Warning: not tested!):

:0:
* ^TO_(cfowler|linux|ebay)\@linuxiceberg\.com
mailbox

:0:
* ^TO_.*\@linuxiceberg\.com
bitbucket

Test this thoroughly, then when you're satisfied change "bitbucket" to
/dev/null.  Or not, just to be safe.

Note that the ^TO_ macro will be expanded by procmail into a nasty
regexp that should cover To: and Cc:.  Nothing can catch Bcc: though, so
if you are Bcc'd something these rules won't catch it.

This also assumes that you get other mail besides mail
@linuxiceberg.com.  If that's not the case, then this single rule:

:0:
* !^TO_(cfowler|linux|ebay)\@linuxiceberg\.com
bitbucket

will put *all* mails that are not to cfowler, linux, or ebay in the
bitbucket folder.

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9