[ale] OT: Technical schools - any recommendations

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Wed Jun 16 10:37:18 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 04:01 am, Jim Seymour wrote:
> Wanting to make a major career change and am looking at going to a
> technical school to get into the IS field. Any feelings from any of you
> regarding the local Atlanta schools? I have an appointment with one of
> them however I would rather not say which one right now.

If they advertise on TV at 3:00 AM stay away, *FAR* away!

Any of the Georgia Technical Colleges should have a reputation that falls
somewhere between a diploma mill and a real University.  Once your enrolled
at one you can take on-line courses at any of them.  I'm at Appalachian and
taking Linux classes (electives) at Central Georgia.

<http://www.gvtc.org/colleges.asp>
--
William